Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Colorado

We have been on the road a little over a week now. It seems so long since we have left Maryland. We’ve been travelling around Colorado paddling and camping everywhere we stop. We’ve been meeting friendly people everywhere we go while camping around Boulder, Buena Vista, and Denver. The whitewater community is great out here and we’ve been lucky enough to find good crews with which we’ve paddled the Bailey, Clear Creek, and Numbers. We also took a day to climb Mt. Elbert, the tallest mountain in the Rockies. Today we leave from Colorado to Wyoming with intention to backpack our Nation’s finest natural landscapes.
Plans are made only a day in advance as we travel. We know where we want to go, but never know what we’ll discover when we get there. I feel alive on the road. This feeling of freedom is unparalleled to anything I’ve experienced before. As the first phase of the trip is over I have the sense that I am entering into a world much larger than myself.
This trip isn’t only about me. By truly living and sharing the excitement that comes with adventure with those around me I feel as if I’m beginning to contribute to a greater human experience. I’m no longer a voyeur to my own life trapped in my routine. I’m living life right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment